Posting Title: Jr. Systems Engineer/Pre-sales/Post-sales
About Us: Essential Network Technologies St. Louis, Missouri based ENT serves small and medium sized businesses and organizations throughout the Midwest in Missouri, Eastern Kansas and Southern Illinois. Our diverse client base includes educational institutions K-12 and higher education, financial institutions, insurance companies, the construction, healthcare, and transportation industries, as well as commercial and enterprise operations. Since 2001 the experienced team at ENT has maintained a continuous reputation for providing both the latest in leading voice and data vendor technology and unmatched overall system support for our clients’ total telephony and data needs. The senior members of our staff are 25 year-plus veterans of the IT industry and all of our engineers are certified in their respective areas of expertise.
Job Description As a key member of the Systems Engineering team, the Senior Systems Engineer works with account managers to develop solutions and provide support to our clients.
ENT Pre-Sales: The ENT Pre-Sales Engineer (SE) plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships while working with the ENT Sales team driving the solutions proposed. The SE works very closely with sales teams to build long-term business relationships with prospect accounts and current clients. The SE is a high impact, very visible role responsible for the overall design which include products from VMware v Sphere, v Center, VMware view, Microsoft Exchange and server, IBM servers and storage, Wyse terminals, and HP.
ENT Post-Sales: The ENT Post-Sales Engineer plays a critical role in building and sustaining customer relationships by supporting clients networks remotely and on site. Maximizing the capabilities of our clients existing legacy networks with our service program, our philosophy is always “Service – Priority One.” Our objective is to minimize client downtime and simplify the overall process of managing and supporting your voice-data requirements by sharing our years of experience in the IT industry becoming an integral part of our clients IT operations. Our service reputation is unmatched in the industry and we pride ourselves on keeping it that way.
Technical Pre-Sales Support and Post-Sales support
– Present VMware management vision and technologies, strategy, and product road maps to prospects and current clients
– Provide expert technical pre/post-sales support for systems management application opportunities involving the VMware vCenter Management Suite
– Support Pre-sales opportunities by performing proof of concept engagements with account executives.
– Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of systems management applications, industry directions, and trends
– Maintain working knowledge of competitor products and how to technically sell against them
– Assists sales in preparation of proposals,
– Maintain, grow and leverage technical pre-sales relationships with key manufactures
– Evangelize the value of VMware management products in systems management application architectures and deployments
– Solid experience in technology related work, including Pre-sales Engineer or customer-facing Consultation
– Good experience in System Administration and Operations experience on, but not limited to: Windows, MAC, IBM, Wyse and ESX platforms.
– Experience as a Sales or Support Engineer in a customer facing role
– Basic Scripting, SQL and HTML authoring skills
– Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple groups toward accomplishing a task
– Ability to uncover business challenges and articulate, author documentation and develop custom solutions to solve those challenges
– Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and personal accountability
– Enthusiastic, self-starter with a charismatic personality
– Proven track record of selling services as part of a solution. Ability to see and present “the big picture” and offer solutions to make it better
– Strong customer facing and relationship building skills
– Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting
– Strong listening and question based selling skills
– Experience with enterprise applications, security, systems management (provisioning, monitoring, or configuration management solutions), and business continuity solutions a plus
– Ability to travel as necessary
– BA/BS or equivalent required
|Job Category||Sr. Systems Engineer|